Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just what does it mean to CANOODLE???

-->"Psst-Breindy! Let's canoodle in the Yichud Room!"

What's a Jewess to do? You can't read a good gossip blog or Page Six without hearing that two stahs were canoodling.
Please tell me what this means! Were they flirting? Smooching? Playfully shoving each other? Playing 'Hungry, Hungry Hippos'?

The online dictionary gives it a slightly naughtier definition - I'll leave it to you to check it out.

It seems to me that all it takes is 'canoodledom' to link two random people of the opposite sex. Or of the same sex, in some cases (such are the times we live, Hashem Yerachaim...ha ha...just kidding with the frum tangent).

Anyway! It got me wondering what the Jewish definition of 'to canoodle' would be. For example, two witnesses told us that: Country Yossi canoodled with Sora Rivka Rachel Leah, the kindergarten Morah who lives on 7th St. and Ave. C in Flatbush.*

Did they nod at each other? Go to the revolving lounge on top of the Marriott Marquis for a shidduch date? Check each other out on Frumster (only Orthodox-Machmir profiles, please)? Or-GASP!-play a sick, twisted game in which they potched each others' tushies? It all sounds so sordid!

In other news, a little yonah bird told us that: Mordy Shtender, the counter guy at the new Supersol on W. 92nd St., was seen canoodling with Maidelah Aidelah, the daughter of Mr. Feldfaffer, who always delivers gefilte fish loaves in his station wagon!* I think she's slipping him a little more than the fish! Bada bing!!

Don't tell them you heard it from me.

*All names have been changed to protect the innocent. Okay, this is all libel/fiction. You get the point.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Clinton get in trouble for candoodling his interns?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Dan Balsamo said...

Canoodle... well the first definition of this word that came into my mind is... cuddling, for the purpose of a foreplay or love-making. I guess I was right.

I've heard this word from a lot of guys I've dated from JRomances.com. Honestly, it's a bit of a strong word for me, because I don't really know what they want to happen when they ask me to canoodle... duh... So I just respond with a laugh, a bit fake I could say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home