Friday, April 28, 2006

The Tribeca Film Festival: A Shtetl Invaded by Jews With a Few Random Celebs Thrown In

Here I was this past Wednesday night, feeling oh-so-posh. My friend, a musician, did some work scoring the end theme of a film that was having its premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Once I heard that heiss (aka hawt) Peter Krause (aka Krau-za) of Six Feet Under fame was starring, I begged and wheedled and got my friend to take me along.

So, I got all dressed up, thinking I'm going to walk the red carpet and be mobbed by papparazzi, all wanting to know who the magnificent blond Jewess with the ghetto booty is. Excitement built as I ate a delish Viva dinner to fortify myself for the evening ahead.

The reality: quite another story. We got there and all these Jews I knew from the JupperWestSite (Jupper=Jew Yuppies) were milling around. Turned out the film was financed by one of our own and he had invited all of his compadres. There was no carpet for us to walk - we had to wait like the rest of the shlubs. Sitting in the theatre was like being in the Jewish Center, I kid you not, minus the top hats, anal Yecche ushers and with a few SLEBs thrown in.

So, the movie was pretty good although I felt the theme of 'post-9/11 paranoia causes us to accuse possibly innocent Islamic neighbor' was annoying. And getting told my Richard Schiff, the actor, that I had cold hands was interesting too. However, it was all worth it for:

1. My glimpse of the luscious Peter Krause for 2 seconds
2. Gawking at Michael Moore, who was hunched in a corner like an angry, obese, overgrown baby (can you tell I'm not too fond of him)
3. Seeing Kelli, the publicist from Lizzie Grubman's MTV show PowerGrrls and snickering to myself about the episode in which she stalked Paris Hilton and got called out on a blog for it (she was staring robotically at Paris and then-bf Nick Carter making out)

The afterparty at BED was meh. It all could have been a j-party at Loft for the crowd that was there. But still, I can say that I attended the festival and was on the list, so I guess I am faboo at the end of the day. In any case, it's almost Shabbos and I can see my Jewish Center peeps again, this time at the Jewish Center. And isn't THAT faboo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home