Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Caution: Concerts are Noisy, Bring Ear Plugs

Last night I took my parents to the Billy Joel concert (which was AWESOME by the way). It was my way of showing Hacarat Ha'Tov for all the great stuff they've done for me lately (and since I was a wee bebe really).

Well, it was a nice gesture but it was too bad about the music. It was just too loud for them; surprising that a concert would be a little noisy, wouldn't ya say? I was sad when I saw them scrunching up their faces and holding their hands over their ears.

My dad had a brilliant idea though - since he didnt know all the words and wanted to sing along, he thought that the concert should provide screens with the words streaming along ala karaoke. I thought that was a brilliant idea!

Despite all that, I think they enjoyed it, especially when a slightly geriatric Billy hoofed around the stage like a nimble billy goat to "Big Shot." (He is such an aged badass.) And I was proud of my parents that they were out so late on a weeknight (11pm).

*Okay, I feel bad. That was a little mean, but somehow I regress into a little brat when I'm around my parents. But in my (rationalizing) defense, isn't that a universal phenomenon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home