Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Very Happy Pagan Holiday to You!

Good Jews don't celebrate the pagan holiday of Halloween; this is nisht amchu (not of our nation, as my beloved grandmother always says in reference to her goyish roomate - hee).

Still, we are so bombarded with trick or treaters and scantily clad NYers using this as an excuse to whoop it up, I thought JYC should acknowledge the day in some way. So enjoy the following images:

--> "Oh why did I eat half of that meltaway??? Every Shabbos I promise myself that I won't stuff myself with a whole gefilte loaf and 10 pieces of challah...Hey, that rainbow cookie is looking pretty good."
OR

-->"Bubby wants to set you up with her neighbor ____(insert silly name: Shnookie, Shukie, etc.)"



---> "Bubby, my date with Shmookleh went verrrry well."

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Chag HaBeitzim to you!

(...And you can take "beitzim" any way you want! ;) )

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people who created the statues in the bottom picture are the epitome of class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home