Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jewish Comfort Foods For When It's Kalt Outside

Brr! Am I the only one who's having trouble adjusting to the cold weather? What the heck happened to the summer? I understand that it's the end of October but it seems like it was warm until a few weeks ago. Now I'm breaking out the gloves.

Because of this sad, sad turn of events, here is a list of foods that should keep you and your belly warm when it's kalt out. (This also will add some padding onto your tuchus, and everyone knows that blubber is useful for keeping warm. Oooh, Blubber....loved that book by Judy Bloom...anyway-):

-Stuffed cabbage (my mom made the raisin-free version, but the sweet kind I've tasted in kosher delis - which I must add are somehow always open on Shabbos - is good too)
-Challah dipped in coffee (don't ask me why, it just works)
-Soup, soup and more soup - chicken soup with alphabet soup is yum, with knaidlech and kreplach even better, mushroom barley delicious, cream of broccoli (? - I don't think so)
-Potatoe kigel straight from the oven
-Sufganiot (Chanukah is coming after all)
-Hot open turkey sandwiches with mashed potatoes
-Hot cereal such as farina
-Hot guys to keep you warm in bed (oops! how'd that get in here?)

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not forget cholent!

Of course, if you're like George Costanza, you can combine the last and second from last items, and have your hot (pastrami) while in bed with your hot guy!

(BTW, no mustard on my sandwich please- I don't want it to stain your sheets! ;) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home