Tuesday, December 20, 2005

One DR closes, another DR opens

I think the Almighty has been (l'havdil) reading my rants, since the abandonement of one DR (the hideous and flourescently lit Duane Reade) has resulted in my entrance to another, far superior DR (the beautiful and sunlit Dominican Republic)!

Seriously, campers, the JumpinJewess has been having a rough couple of weeks, so the fact that I finalized my vacation yesterday for almost a full week in a tropical paradise far, far away from any strike issues and the Upper West Side (mea culpa, but ya know what I mean, fo'shizzle?) is really a G-dsend. Please try to be happy for me and not too jealous, and think of me fondly in early January when I jet off with my two wonderful girlfriends for some serious yaktime and downtime. I promise to send word to you, my lovely readers, and let you know if I meet any Dominicans of stature (or encounter any nasty Dominican drugstores).

I will definitely think of you fondly as I do the hora on some choice tables. Now, I just have to get through these next couple of weeks. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home