Thursday, December 15, 2005

Follow-Up Gloat: Duane Reade Gets Dinged!

After my cathartic rant against evil Duane and brother Reade (that was made all the better by the comment posted by a reader in solidarity), I must say that I was doubly pleased to see someone other than myself freak out at the Demon Drugstore. This lovely event occurred on Tuesday night, on the very day that I posted my timely post! I returned to pick up what I vowed was my final prescription, and was once again greeted by a line of weary and angry customers. Once there, I was made proud of a customer who also had reached her limit. After dealing with the particularly stupid and rude cashier (even less of a braniac than the usual DR Dumbos), she flipped out, demanded that the clerk apologize for her service and called over the manager to complain. I was kvelling!!! It was so nice to see someone other than myself actually do something about the pathetic service.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that any change will really be effected. Call me a cynic, but what do they care? The clerk made excuses, and the manager let it go. I left the air freshener I was going to buy at the counter (overpriced Oust - funny name though, no?), picked up my prescription and walked out in a huff. However, it was such fun to witness the Rumble in the Concrete Jungle! It really inspired me and when an evil bus driver almost missed my stop, I yelled that he should stop the damn bus!!! I'm tellin' ya, I was amazing.

In fact, I think this rage is going worldwide and heralds the coming of the Messiah! I can hear the trumpets now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home