Wednesday, December 21, 2005

How Rabbi Feivel F. Shimmelstinfarb Will Save New York from the Great Satan (i.e. the Metropolitan Transit Authority)

Young children, even something as mundane as a phone call can be exalted and gevaldic! Witness this blessed event - surely a sign that our prayers are being answered:

Recruiter: Hello, is this Rabbi Shimmelstinfarb? Rabbi Feivel Shimmelstinfarb?
Feivel: Yes, it is I, Rabbi Feivel F. Shimmelstinfarb.
Recruiter: The Shimmelstinfarb of Transylvania?
Feivel: Yes, the von and only.
Recruiter: Well, Rabbi, I'm Ronny 'Baby' Chikelstein from Karma Associates, and have I got a proposition for you!
Feivel: Excuse me, vat? Did you say 'Baby'?
Recruiter/Baby: Yes, that's what everyone calls me. You know, 'nobody puts Baby in the corner?'
Feivel: I know of no such thing.
Baby: That's fine. Regardless, we here at Karma would like to verify that you are the Rabbi that cursed the Kennedys? You were recommended highly by Choni Ha'Maagel.
Feivel: Yes, it was I.
Baby: Really great work there, Rabbi Shimmelstinfarb, really top notch. I mean that Joe was such a crude womanizer and the rest of the lot just can't be trusted. Although it was a shame about handsome JFK Jr....
Feivel: Thank you G'veret Chikelstein. Vile I appreciate your inquiry, I am pressed for time - I was just about to attend to a double pastrami sandwich and-
Baby: Oh, I'm so sorry, I do tend to run on. Anyway, Rabbi, excellent deliverables with the Kennedy curse. Just the kind of outside the box thinking we're looking for at Karma Asssociates. Anyway, I assume you've heard about the MTA strike?
Feivel: I've heard of no such thing!
Baby: Really? That's odd.
Feivel: Does the MTA attend the Young Israel of Redwood?
Baby: No, they don't. Curious. Actually, they are an evil, greedy transit organization with evil, greedy workers that walked off the job and are forcing New Yorkers to walk miles outside in the bitter cold just to get to work, just because they want to retire at 55.
Feivel: Oy vey zmir! Ve should never know from such things!
Baby: Exactly, Rabbi, exactly. Which is why we here at Karma were wondering if you would be interested in cursing the MTA?
Feivel: This is a serious ma'aseh, so please confirm - just how evil is the MTA?
Baby: So evil that they don't care if all New Yorkers get pneumonia and die from exposure, as long as they get their 8% raise. Also, when they are on the job, they get a kick out of closing doors in people's faces and have now outlawed food on the subway.
Feivel: Outlawed food on the subways??? That is utterly despicable! Ms. Tinoket, you may count me in your venture. (RAISES VOICE): With G-d's help, they will all be shoveling coal in Siberia by Chratzmach!! May they all suffer from the most painful hemmoroids that even Preparation H can't cure!!!
Baby: Rabbi Shimmelstinfarb, we are so grateful. You may stand assured that you will be well compensated with all the pastrami sandwiches and kigel you could ever want. I think this is the beginning of a long and fruitful zivug. We'll get the letter of agreement out to you ASAP.
Feivel: Vonderful. Just one thing - what is ASAP?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home