Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Text Messaging - Is There an Etiquette?

Rather than post a pop culture tidbit, I wanted to share my thoughts on the text messaging phenomenon. It has become so popular over the last year or so, joining email and phone as a prefered mode of communication, but it seems to be a wild, chaotic jungle where anything goes! Or a barren tundra where text messages that have not been answered go to die!

These are the sort of questions that run through my head in regard to texting, that have yet to be answered. Perhaps someday, someday, they will:

-Does it enhance your life, making it easier to exchange info rather than suffer through long, torturous conversations?
-Or does it futher confuses your life, as you don't know 'how serious' a text from someone you are dating is compared to an email or phone call?
-When can you stop texting? What if the texting just kind of dies out? Is it rude to not text goodbye?
-Is it rude to read a text when you are out to dinner? At work? In the bath?
-Has it negatively impacted your thumbs/fingers?
-Does texting lead to sexing?

Tell me what you think...I'd lurve to know!

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time, nice post honeysuckle. You are moving up in the blogosphere already (still slightly plastic, could have been a bit more personal and real, but def. a 5 1/2 out of 10!!!!!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger GoodGirlGoneGood said...

Oh Anonymous Comment Writer, you are not allowed to suckle anywhere near my blossoms. Get some new nicknames (currently rated at 1.5 out of 10).

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my cell phone did not have text messaging. I find typing on my phone’s number pad to be slow, cumbersome and just a major pain in the ass. I’ve never sent a text message, other than in response to someone else’s text message. I usually reply to a text query by calling the person who sent the message, even though when someone sends you a text message, the point is that he or she obviously does not want to get into a conversation with you, which is why he or she didn’t call. (or he or she can’t call, because the person is in class, meeting, etc. If that’s the case, I will just respond on their voicemail.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home