Monday, March 27, 2006

The Imams Hear the Secrets That You Keep...When You're Talking in Your Sleep

Too meshiga to pass up: 'Sleep divorce' is the newest trend in (very) selected Islamic circles.

As CNN reports: one Sohela Ansari told friends that her husband Aftab had uttered the word "talaq," or divorce, three times in his sleep, according to the report published in newspapers on Monday.

When local Islamic leaders got to hear, they said Aftab's words constituted a divorce under an Islamic procedure known as "triple talaq." The couple, married for 11 years with three children, were told they had to split.

Beware of the triple talaq!!! Or, if you're an unhappily married Muhammed, this is an easy out.

On a personal note, thank G-d the Rabbis aren't listening when I talk in my sleep. What would they make me do if they heard me uttering 'take me to Tarjay' three times in a row (as I have been known to do)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home