Monday, April 30, 2007

Once and For All: Who is Gay in Hollywood????




--> Don't let Tom (or Diane) fool you.


It's kinda late and I've had an uneventful but nevertheless exhausting day. Fun little goss tidbits are mosying through my head so why don't I just lay them out here for your enjoyment, rather than formulating a quippy (and of course amusing) entry.

Here goes, kinderlach:

- I got together with some fellow bas yisrael this past Shabbos afternoon. We had a lovely shaleshudes and talked about divrei torah, i.e. what celebrities are definitively feigelahs (gay).*

Turns out one of the chiquitas had a long convo with this woman who works at MTV and she confirmed the orientation of some SLEBS I just knew were crushing on the the color pink: Tom Cruise (oh please, did you ever doubt?), John Travolta, Kevin Spacey and Ms. Jodie Foster.

-My lovably yentish friend also named a hottie I had strongly suspected: Jake Gyllenhaal. Sigh. All the hotties are gay. (Please let Jonathan Rhys Myers be exempt!) She pointed to another actress I couldn't quite figure out: Nicole Kidman. (Don't ask me why she's married to Keith Urban.) And an actress I should have realized, but always thought had bad luck with men: Diane Keaton.

-Finally, she shocked me with this revelation: Meg Ryan! None of my other friends seemed in the least bit surprised. I couldn't believe that I, Ms. Blase Everyone in Hollywood is Gay, did not suspect the Meg. According to my friend, when slebs adopt babies rather than have their own, it's a tipoff. Witness Meg's adoption of her Asian bebe Daisy and (ahem!) Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman's adoption of two kids instead of having their own.

-Then I did some internet research (i.e. Google but research sounds so official) and found that not only was Meg rumored to have a 'very special relationship' with her hairdresser, but she was also suspected of having a 'secret' (i.e. leaked by publicists) relationship with Matthew Perry (also rumored to be gay). That cinched it for me.

Now, you may ask: Why do you care who is gay?

To this I say: If you're going to market yourself as one thing, and you really are another, I'll be danged before I look like a fool! I will Strive For The Truth (the emes if you will)! Just like our sainted grandmothers taught us: don't be fooled by a lokshen kugel masquerading as a brisket!

You may also want to know: What the heck does this have to do with Jewish topics (i.e. JewYorkCity's bread & buttah)?

To this I provide this rejoinder: We were so busy talking about the STAHS on Shabbos, we didn't indulge in any loshon hara (about people we know)! If that isn't sainted, what is?

Layla tov, honeys.

*Disclaimer: Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. No, really. I saw "Trembling Before G-d" and have proven myself to be, on this blog and elsewhere, a firm believer in gay rights. (I mean that.) And hot men in tights. (I mean that too.)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of gays, what happened to the dude who used to post on here all the time??

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- I saw trembling before G-d too! It was a really interesting film and certainly introduced a problem that I had never thought of before.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe those people are gay. Didn't you hear that rumor that Jake Gyllenhaal is dating Reese Witherspoon? And what about Meg Ryan having been married to Dennis Quaid for 10 years, plus that fling with Russell Crow? I think everyone has known for a long time that Jodi Foster is gay. For some reason the paparazzi has been very nice to her and not bothered her - lucky for her. Lily Tomlin is also gay - that really shocked me. Apparently she never hid it, but back in the day, people didn't care about exposing these things - imagine!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous... wow... youre mean...

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, just because you are married doesn't mean you can't dip your feet in the neighbor's pool once in a while... with the pool boy. people always say, "well, they're married..." i wonder why some marriages fail? people want their piece of the proverbial cake...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home