Monday, July 10, 2006

NYPD Yoeli- Hasidic dude joins NYPD!




The New York Post cover feature story is around Yoeli, a 24 year old Hasidic Jew from Williamsburg who is beginning NYPD Academy training. Questions I have:

1) First he riots, and now he polices?
2) 24!?! Is he married? Single? The chiquas would like to know.
3) "Witriol has a degree from United Talmudical Seminary in Monroe, where he studied "religious stuff, mostly." - We all know about those sort of degrees.

Well, kudos to Yoeli... (though, I do question if it was a slow news day at the Post), and I do sure hope he buys a pair of black sneakers and rids himself of those uncomfy shoes.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger GoodGirlGoneGood said...

Love that his name is really Yoely (i.e. Joel) since your generic term for all frummies is Yoely!
Also love the BTL - soooo legit.
You're my boy, Yoely (Blue)!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JumpinJewess, just so you know, if I was born a month later I too would have been named yoely.

(The Satmar Rebbe - the original Yoel - died in August 1979)

-- B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home